Move to America!
America is the land of opportunity for immigrants from around the globe. Since its founding, millions of people from various backgrounds and different regions of the world have left their home countries to move to the USA in pursuit of the “American Dream.”
Many foreign nationals immigrate to the USA in pursuit of better employment options in the world’s largest economy. Others are seeking greater freedom or security. In some cases, people are motivated to move to America so they and their family members can have access to an excellent education in the USA. The opportunity to have full participation in society as a naturalized US citizen is also a strong incentive to immigrate to the USA.
Whatever their motivation, people who move to America as US permanent residents are able to enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the world in an incredible country full of possibilities!
Here are some examples of why the United States is such a great place to live and why millions of people from every region of the Earth move to America every year:
- The United States is the world’s #1 immigration destination each year;
- Approximately 24% of the 328 million people who live in the USA in 2019 are immigrants or the children of immigrants;
- US permanent residents (Green Card holders) can apply for American citizenship after they live in the USA five years and meet all of the criteria;
- Immigrants who live in the USA have the opportunity to experience the American Dream, whether they want to get an excellent education, find a good paying job, start a business, buy a home, raise a family, or become leaders in academia, business, entertainment, politics, sports or follow other pursuits and reach other achievements in life;
- US News & World Report ranked the United States as the #6 best country in the world for immigrants to live in 2018, based on a global survey of 21,000 people in 80 countries;
- The US unemployment rate remains at a very low 3.5% as of November 2019, which is the lowest level in 50 years;
- The USA leads all other countries as having the most universities in the top 100 best universities in the world as ranked by the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings and the 2019 QS World University Rankings;
- 11.6% of immigrants in the USA have a Master’s, Doctorate or other professional degree;
- In May 2019, the Consumer Confidence Index reported that optimism by Americans about the US economy was at an 18-year high;
- According to US Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary (JOLTS) report (July 2019), there are 7.3 million unfilled jobs in the USA (a record high);
- The OECD named the USA as the world’s 9th best country for well-being in 2016;
- More than half of foreign-born residents of the USA own their homes;
- America is the top destination for entrepreneurs, with many of the world’s largest companies (such as e-Bay, Google and Yahoo!) having been established by people who immigrated to the United States.